After Rio, Windsor is the next stop for the Olympic swimmers to ‘make a splash’ and the FINA Windsor 2016 team are asking everyone to post a picture of themselves, family or friends, making a ‘splash’ in a pool, lake, splash pad etc. on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram using #shareyoursplashwindsor Feel free to get creative – a hose on your driveway or kiddie pool definitely counts.
Every photo will be entered into a contest to win a $100 Devonshire Mall gift card. The most ‘liked’ photo will be awarded a Nikon Coolpix camera.
All photos will be used to create an amazing photo mosaic showcasing ‘100 days to go’, that will be posted on the FINA Windsor 2016 website and shared around the world on August 27th.
To help get the world thinking about ‘making a splash’, here’s what you can do:
1. Be a part of the launch! Post your pic with #shareyoursplashwindsor this Friday August 5th at exactly 11:00 (EDT). Join hundreds in flooding social media with our fun water photos!
2. Spread the word – tell your friends
3. When you post on Twitter and Facebook, tag your friends to encourage them to post their own photos (remember to tag @finawindsor2016 too)
4. Remember to set your posts to public to ensure your photo is seen and entered into the contest
5. Contest will run from August 5th until August 25th. Winners will be announced August 27th
Together we can make a huge splash on Friday 5th and get people thinking about the World Swimming Championships (25m) in Windsor this December. First Rio, then Windsor!