FINA’s Swimming for Life programme, in collaboration with UNESCO, has been extremely successful in teaching children how to swim as well as advocating swimming as a life skill. An important aspect of Swimming for Life is how to keep both young and old in the sport.
This session provides insight into the successful tools used to implement Swimming for Life programmes, plus a look at the future of Masters Swimming and how it can keep people active and engaged in Aquatics.
• Dr. Julio C. Maglione – President, FINA
• Sam Ramsamy – 2nd Vice-President, FINA
• Graham Hill – Chairman, FINA Coaches Committee
• Arnaldo FUXÁ – Adviser and International Expert for CIGEPS-UNESCO
• Frederick Russell-Rivoallan – Programme Specialist, Head of Social and Human Sciences, UNESCO-Beijing
• Justin Scarr – CEO, the Royal Life Saving Society, (Australia) and Member of the Recommendation Development Group of the World Health Organization (WHO)